Shaw Baxter Moon of Dundee

  • iain
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2014
      Does any one know of or have any knowledge about a Spinners and
      Manufacturers copartnery Shaw Baxter Moon based in Dundee?

      The co-partners are James Shaw, David William Baxter and John William Moon,
      the partnership was set up in or about 1866, was dissolved on the 30th
      November 1876.

      It then morphed into Shaw Baxter on the 30th November 1876 and they took on
      all the outstanding debts of SBM, this partnership was then dissolved on the
      15th May 1883.

      The firm of D W Baxter & Co. was setup on the 15th May 1883 and he took on
      all debts and liabilities SB.

      David William Baxter is my Great Grandfather on my maternal line.

      Iain B Scott
      TVFHS member
      No 3667
    • Jenny Blain

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2014
          Hello Jenny

          Thanks for that idea, will give it a go.

          I have tried the Dundee Uni archives but nothing there.

          Iain

          Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 4:13 PM
          Subject: Re: [dundee-history] Shaw Baxter Moon of Dundee