Re: [dundee-history] Re: File - New Members welcome.doc

  • sandrasmith1958
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 8, 2013
      Chips and peas. You can buy the peas in packets and chips are proper chips. You can still get them from the chip shop but it doesn't taste the same as home made

      Sent from my iPad

      On 8 Oct 2013, at 10:54 pm, PATRICIA PARKER <aldiexja@...> wrote:

      ok, got stovies, and tatie soup but what are busters?

      Starve the Fear; Feed the Faith!

      To: dundee-history@yahoogroups.com
      From: sandrasmith1958@...
      Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:33:22 +0100
      Subject: Re: [dundee-history] Re: File - New Members welcome.doc

      I still make stovies.Very filling esp on a cold winters day but tattie soup and Busters come a close
      second!!

      BYE
        SANDI

      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 30, 2013
        I was talking recently to a sister-in-law who well remembers Busters bought from a stall in the Overgate. I don't - I do remember, though, a very excellent chip shop in the Overgate, where we bought pudding suppers on the way back to the High School from choir practice for the Christmas concert in St Mary's!
        Jenny

        On 29/10/2013 17:52, Edmund Raphael wrote:

        I've never hear of "Busters"
        The problem with the taste of anything from MOST fish and chip shops nowadays, is the deep-frying in anything but lard.
        However unhealthy, that was the best taste, whether you bought from The Deep Sea in the Nethergate or from the West End, King Street, Broughty Ferry.
        Does anyone remember "Polie Joe" who rant The Malta, at the corner of King Street and Grey Street? He used to repair cycles and radios but never smiled.

        --
        Dr Jenny Blain
        jenny.blain@... or jenny@...