Re: [dundee-history] Launch of historical novel based in Dundee

  • Jenny Blain
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16 2:21 AM
      Hi Malcolm,
      I'm now living in Dundee, so will try to get there, depending on when I
      get back from an out-of-town event in the afternoon!

      Best,
      Jenny
    • Malcolm Archibald
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16 3:13 AM
        Hi Jenny

        Thank you for your email and thank you for the news within it. I do hope you can make it!

        This book is the second in my series featuring Sergeant Mendick of Scotland Yard. It is based in Dundee and is a bit grisly in places. The back story is taken from truth and the skills and practises of detecting are as accurate as I could make them.

        Hope to see you on Thursday

        Very best

        Malcolm
        Malcolm Archibald
        www.malcolmarchibald.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16 6:33 AM
          I plan to be there Malcolm, provided nothing gets in the way. See you on Thursday.

          Chris Longmuir

          --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Archibald <mcarchibald2004@...> wrote:

          > Hi All
          > This is to let everybody know that my latest novel:
          > A Burden Shared: the Dundee Murders
          > Is being launched this Thursday 19 September at 6 PM
          > in Waterstone's in Dundee. If anybody would like to attend, they would be most
          > welcome. There should be wine [!] but be prepared to hear me reading some small
          > extracts.
          >
          > The book is a historical detective novel based in 1849 Dundee
          > I would love to see you there: please say hello!
          > Malcolm
          > Malcolm Archibald
          > www.malcolmarchibald.com

        • Malcolm Archibald
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16 7:11 AM
            Hi Chris

            Thank you for the reply. I look forward to meeting you

            Very best
            Malcolm