Launch of historical novel based in Dundee

  • Malcolm Archibald
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2013
      Hi All
      This is to let everybody know that my latest novel:
      A Burden Shared: the Dundee Murders
      Is being launched this Thursday 19 September at 6 PM in Waterstone's in Dundee. If anybody would like to attend, they would be most welcome. There should be wine [!] but be prepared to hear me reading some small extracts.

      The book is a historical detective novel based in 1849 Dundee
      I would love to see you there: please say hello!
      Malcolm
      Malcolm Archibald

    • Jenny Blain
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2013
        Hi Malcolm,
        I'm now living in Dundee, so will try to get there, depending on when I
        get back from an out-of-town event in the afternoon!

        Best,
        Jenny
      • Malcolm Archibald
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2013
          Hi Jenny

          Thank you for your email and thank you for the news within it. I do hope you can make it!

          This book is the second in my series featuring Sergeant Mendick of Scotland Yard. It is based in Dundee and is a bit grisly in places. The back story is taken from truth and the skills and practises of detecting are as accurate as I could make them.

          Hope to see you on Thursday

          Very best

          Malcolm
          Malcolm Archibald
          www.malcolmarchibald.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16, 2013
            I plan to be there Malcolm, provided nothing gets in the way. See you on Thursday.

            Chris Longmuir

            --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Archibald <mcarchibald2004@...> wrote:

            > Hi All
            > This is to let everybody know that my latest novel:
            > A Burden Shared: the Dundee Murders
            > Is being launched this Thursday 19 September at 6 PM
            > in Waterstone's in Dundee. If anybody would like to attend, they would be most
            > welcome. There should be wine [!] but be prepared to hear me reading some small
            > extracts.
            >
            > The book is a historical detective novel based in 1849 Dundee
            > I would love to see you there: please say hello!
            > Malcolm
            > Malcolm Archibald
            > www.malcolmarchibald.com

          • Malcolm Archibald
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 16, 2013
              Hi Chris

              Thank you for the reply. I look forward to meeting you

              Very best
              Malcolm