RE: [dundee-history] Witch's Blood by William Blain

  • Barbara Neish
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 3, 2013

      Fascinating to me Jenny – that . . . ~!~

      I should be speaking with the Author’s daughter who featured my old Uncle in his book. It is a connected World . . .

      Barbara

      Hi Barbara - Enjoy!
      Yes 'English' as they are descended from a Monck trooper (who could be
      from anywhere) and the Dundee woman, Elspet Renkyne, also of course
      fictitious.
      Fascinating that you as a relative are in Bermuda.

      Best,
      Jenny

      On 04/02/2013 00:33, Barbara Neish wrote:

      > Yes, yes, yes, Jenny - I do stand corrected -
      > By the name of English, if I remember correctly ?
      > I have the book and you have tempted me to read it again.
      > And - enjoy it again . . .
      > Best Regards
      > Barbara Neish,

      _._,___

    • Jenny Blain
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 30, 2013
        I was talking recently to a sister-in-law who well remembers Busters bought from a stall in the Overgate. I don't - I do remember, though, a very excellent chip shop in the Overgate, where we bought pudding suppers on the way back to the High School from choir practice for the Christmas concert in St Mary's!
        Jenny

        On 29/10/2013 17:52, Edmund Raphael wrote:

        I've never hear of "Busters"
        The problem with the taste of anything from MOST fish and chip shops nowadays, is the deep-frying in anything but lard.
        However unhealthy, that was the best taste, whether you bought from The Deep Sea in the Nethergate or from the West End, King Street, Broughty Ferry.
        Does anyone remember "Polie Joe" who rant The Malta, at the corner of King Street and Grey Street? He used to repair cycles and radios but never smiled.

        --
        Dr Jenny Blain
        jenny.blain@... or jenny@...