Re: [dundee-history] Re: Introduction

  • Malcolm Archibald
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi Jimmie

      Lovely site you have there! Thank you for sharing it with us all. Your family have certainly seen the world!

      Happy New Year

      Very best
      Malcolm
      www.malcolmarchibald.wordpress.com

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 3, 2013
        Thanks all for your welcome!
        Jimmie, I lived in Hathersage for a couple of years, before moving into the outskirts of Sheffield.

        Best regards,
        Jenny

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 3, 2013
          Thanks for the link Jimmie - I'm fascinated by the connections with India in the 19th century, to do with jute and its growing and processing.

          Best,

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2013
            Thanks Malcolm. What I write is mostly non-fiction (sociology) but I'm looking into the area between 'fact' and speculation, based in episodes from my own family history and the connections with landscape and local histories. I'll have to look out your work!

            Best,
            Jenny

            On 31/12/2012 08:09, Malcolm Archibald wrote:
            I write historical fact and fiction, with a slant toward Dundee, nautical and recently the crime side as well and I teach at Inverness College, University of the Highlands and Islands.

            Very best regards

            Malcolm