Re: Digest Number 1022

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2012
      Can anyone tell me what Channel the programme was on?

      I didn't know about it, so may try to get it via. Catch-up I-Player etc.

      Regards
      Mark H

      --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "Edmund Raphael" <edmundraphael@...> wrote:

      > Perhaps it was the south west of Cornwall and the Irish coast which were worst affected by the results of the 1755 earthquake, with readings of between 8.5 and 9.0 MW. It seems that 8.7 on this length of the Cornish coast was considered to have been worse than that experienced in Lisboa (Lisbon).
      >
      > In 1607, another tidal surge caused between 500 and 2000 deaths, in towns and villages on the Bristol Channel. It is to be remembered, that the tidal flow of the aforementioned is the world's second largest.
      >
      > Edmund Raphael-Beldowski

    • fiona275190
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
        Mark,

        The programme was called "The Great British Story: Dundee" and was shown on BBC2 on 26 June at 10pm.

        --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <markhenderson5@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me what Channel the programme was on?
        >
        > I didn't know about it, so may try to get it via. Catch-up I-Player etc.
        >

        > Regards
        > Mark H
        >
        > --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "Edmund Raphael" <edmundraphael@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Perhaps it was the south west of Cornwall and the Irish coast which were worst affected by the results of the 1755 earthquake, with readings of between 8.5 and 9.0 MW. It seems that 8.7 on this length of the Cornish coast was considered to have been worse than that experienced in Lisboa (Lisbon).
        > >
        > > In 1607, another tidal surge caused between 500 and 2000 deaths, in towns and villages on the Bristol Channel. It is to be remembered, that the tidal flow of the aforementioned is the world's second largest.
        > >
        > > Edmund Raphael-Beldowski

      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
          Hi everyone,,just to let you know that I was interested in watching this show but being in Australia thought it near impossible,,,but I found it ,,,it is in you tube.  Type in the show name,,,I typed in the guys name,,someone Ross ,and Dundee ,and I watched the show,,about 40 minutes,,amazing I didn't know that Dundee has a medieval type of town,under he actual town,,and that you can access it. Anyway try YouTube and you'll get it.

          Cheers hope this helps some not in Britain.
          John
          Johnlowden59@...

          Sent from my iPad