Re: [dundee-history] Dundee Photos

  • Alastair Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2011
            Well, i was building a collection for myself for research a few years ago......very wide sources, i bought a load of antiquated books and magazines, since sold, bought old photos, since sold, old letters and maps, visited archives in Edinburgh and Dundee, some online archives like Scran, DCCs own online photos, lots of places..............I scanned them all and saved, have about 4,000 old Dundee images and a couple thousand others from around the county....and about an hour and a half of early footage of the town.
           I did occasionally list them on a disc on ebay, but it kept growing till about a year ago.