Re: [dundee-history] Re: dance bands

  • Alastair Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2010
      I'll have a look for photos during week...in an unrelated matter, one of those comments you usually hear when researching family, my grandafther married a helen patterson in dundee in 60s...doubt if it's related though.

      From: Alastair Smith <alastair_smithuk@ yahoo.co. uk>
      To: dundee-history@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, 9 May, 2010, 22:36

            That's all intersting, from the videos i've seen, looks like there was quite a good music scene here in the 60s. I spend a lot of time tracing obscure 60s band members online, mostly American. Besides the likes of The Poets my knowledge of Scottish 60s bands is pretty thin, be good to hear more.

           My great grandfather, Peter Guthrie played accordian/squeeze box with other folks in Dundee in the 30s - 50s period. His gradfather was quite well known for it here in the 1880s - 1910 period. Few photos of him and accordian but absolutely no other names.

      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2010
        they might not be related but i have a helen paterson born 1931 and died 2004. her parents were john f.paterson and agnes stewart bryson.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2010
          Interesting, I last spoke to Helen about 2001, she gave me all the old family photos and documents from my side of the family. I didn't really get to know her, it was my grandfathers second marriage.