Spalding families

  • Alistair Macdonald
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
      I am looking for existing members of the Spalding family probably living in the Monifieth/Broughty Ferry area. I have names of David., Peter and Andrew. There are/were  also two daughters presumably now married. It is possible that the middle name of Caird features in one or more names.
      I would be grateful for any clues no matter how slender. I only want to make contact.
      Alistair
    • Barbara Neish
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
        Alistair

        I too will be watching for any SPALDING replies.  I have long been curious as to why my father's sister was given that as a middle name.  My Grandfather was brought up in the Monifieth/Broughty Ferry area with lots of relatives living near by. Of course, the name could have been from the relatives of either of my grand-parents side. This is what I have ::

        Jessie Spalding Neish - Father -  Francis Wylie Neish - Mother Isabella Ford

        Barbara Neish
        Bermuda

      • Alistair Macdonald
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
          Barbara,
          Sorry, none of the names mentioned ring a bell, but hopefully something may come of my query which produces some data for you.