File - Welcome.doc

  • dundee-history@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 1 4:56 AM
      File : Welcome.doc
      Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.
    • Linda Gordon
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 1 5:24 AM
        Hi there

        I have just recieved your welcome letter and was very interested in this paragraph:

        You have just been subscribed to a growing band of Dundee istory History researchers

        who are exploring the benefits of a free exchange of family history data -

        on the Internet - in a friendly local environment.

        I am very interested the Family History part as I myself have been researching my family history for many years now. I also run my own Family History Website.

        I would be interested to hear from anyone who is research the following names: Gordon and Spence my immediate family and many, many more that I have discovered. I am also very keen to take part in any exchange of information through your site.

        I look forward to hearing more.

        Regards

        Linda

        Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.

      • Edmund Raphael
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 1 6:04 AM

          Well, I can tell you that I have recently been in contact with various members of the family Spence, who were/still are a Broughty Ferry family. If you wish further information, do please contact me.

          Best wishes.

          Edmund Raphael

          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 1 11:52 AM
            Hello

            I can't remember any of my Spences living in Broughty Ferry, but I'd be grateful for any details that you have.

            Regards

            Linda

            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 2 2:52 AM

              Dear Linda,

              I have been in contact with a Spence family because of my lifelong interest in the domestic architecture of Dundee, Broughty Ferry, Monifieth and the periphery. I hae attempted to trace the families of those who commissioned the buildings and those who subsequently lived in them, throught the years.

              The Spence family with whom I have been in contact are the grandchildren of George Angus Spence of Williams Street who married Christina Barnet of Malcolm Street, in 1894. Mr. Spence was a mill engineer and his father, James,  had been a mill foreman and was married to a Betty Ritchie.

              This information may help to identify your connection with this family, or not. If you can find a link, do please let me know.

              Best wishes.

              Edmund Raphael