File - Welcome.doc

  • dundee-history@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1, 2010
      File : Welcome.doc
      Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.
    • dundee-history@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010
        File : Welcome.doc
        Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.
      • Linda Gordon
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010
          Hi there

          I have just recieved your welcome letter and was very interested in this paragraph:

          You have just been subscribed to a growing band of Dundee istory History researchers

          who are exploring the benefits of a free exchange of family history data -

          on the Internet - in a friendly local environment.

          I am very interested the Family History part as I myself have been researching my family history for many years now. I also run my own Family History Website.

          I would be interested to hear from anyone who is research the following names: Gordon and Spence my immediate family and many, many more that I have discovered. I am also very keen to take part in any exchange of information through your site.

          I look forward to hearing more.

          Regards

          Linda

          Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.

        • Edmund Raphael
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010

            Well, I can tell you that I have recently been in contact with various members of the family Spence, who were/still are a Broughty Ferry family. If you wish further information, do please contact me.

            Best wishes.

            Edmund Raphael

            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010
              Hello

              I can't remember any of my Spences living in Broughty Ferry, but I'd be grateful for any details that you have.

              Regards

              Linda

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 2, 2010

                Dear Linda,

                I have been in contact with a Spence family because of my lifelong interest in the domestic architecture of Dundee, Broughty Ferry, Monifieth and the periphery. I hae attempted to trace the families of those who commissioned the buildings and those who subsequently lived in them, throught the years.

                The Spence family with whom I have been in contact are the grandchildren of George Angus Spence of Williams Street who married Christina Barnet of Malcolm Street, in 1894. Mr. Spence was a mill engineer and his father, James,  had been a mill foreman and was married to a Betty Ritchie.

                This information may help to identify your connection with this family, or not. If you can find a link, do please let me know.

                Best wishes.

                Edmund Raphael