RE: [dundee-history] Re: Craigie Terrace

  • Ken Anton
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009

      Hello Peter,

      The map section shows Craigie Terrace where I know it is, but is earlier than the date the houses in question were built, east of those shown on the map.  They were built just before the end of the 19th century.

      This street name has vanished on modern maps, and these houses are now referred to with Broughty Ferry Road addresses instead, and my family left number 13 around 1906 so I have no other references.

      I can tell from old photographs that it is one of four houses, but as I said earlier I’m not sure which one.

      I have a vague recollection that one of the four was formerly the manse of Baxter Park Church (now demolished).  If anyone has access to records which show the address of that manse – both the Craigie Terrace and Broughty Ferry Road addresses – then I could work out which house was number 13.

      Thanks to everyone who replied.

      Have a great Christmas

      Ken Anton