File - Welcome.doc

  • dundee-history@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
      File : Welcome.doc
      Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.
    • dundee-history@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 29 , May 1 3:44 AM
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 1, 2009
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 1, 2009
            Message 5 of 29 , Aug 1, 2009
              Message 6 of 29 , Sep 1, 2009
                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 1, 2009
                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 1, 2009
                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 1, 2009
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 1, 2010
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 1, 2010
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 1, 2010
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010
                              File : Welcome.doc
                              Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.
                            • Linda Gordon
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010
                                Hi there

                                I have just recieved your welcome letter and was very interested in this paragraph:

                                You have just been subscribed to a growing band of Dundee istory History researchers

                                who are exploring the benefits of a free exchange of family history data -

                                on the Internet - in a friendly local environment.

                                I am very interested the Family History part as I myself have been researching my family history for many years now. I also run my own Family History Website.

                                I would be interested to hear from anyone who is research the following names: Gordon and Spence my immediate family and many, many more that I have discovered. I am also very keen to take part in any exchange of information through your site.

                                I look forward to hearing more.

                                Regards

                                Linda

                                Description : A warm Welcome to our New Members.

                              • Edmund Raphael
                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010

                                  Well, I can tell you that I have recently been in contact with various members of the family Spence, who were/still are a Broughty Ferry family. If you wish further information, do please contact me.

                                  Best wishes.

                                  Edmund Raphael

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 1, 2010
                                    Hello

                                    I can't remember any of my Spences living in Broughty Ferry, but I'd be grateful for any details that you have.

                                    Regards

                                    Linda

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 2, 2010

                                      Dear Linda,

                                      I have been in contact with a Spence family because of my lifelong interest in the domestic architecture of Dundee, Broughty Ferry, Monifieth and the periphery. I hae attempted to trace the families of those who commissioned the buildings and those who subsequently lived in them, throught the years.

                                      The Spence family with whom I have been in contact are the grandchildren of George Angus Spence of Williams Street who married Christina Barnet of Malcolm Street, in 1894. Mr. Spence was a mill engineer and his father, James,  had been a mill foreman and was married to a Betty Ritchie.

                                      This information may help to identify your connection with this family, or not. If you can find a link, do please let me know.

                                      Best wishes.

                                      Edmund Raphael