Dundee Local History Talks

  • irvine1610
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2008
      Just to let everyone know the Tay Valley FHS are giving a series of
      talks in Waterstones, 35 Commercial Street, Dundee

      Tuesday 26th February - The Mariners of Dundee - Captain Hamish
      Robertson

      Thursday 13th March - Who do you think you are? - Helen Beat

      Thursday 20th March - AC Lamb, his book and his life - John Irvine

      All start 6 pm - no charge - all welcome

      See you there

      John
    • blueibeauty with personality
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2008
        Hi John
        As we are unable to attend is it possible to have a
        transcript of the talk on A C Lamb ?

        We haven't yet found if we are direct desendents
        of A C Lamb our family would be interested all the
        same.

        kind regards
        Teena Lamb
        (Australia)

        www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail
      • johnwirvine@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2008
          Teena,

          Let me know a little something about your Lamb ancestors as I have
          "investigated" the Lamb line quite extensively. It is unlikely that you are directly
          related to AC Lamb or his immediate family as they basically died out but
          there may be connections further back.

          A transcript is not possible as I use slides and "shoot from the hip" when
          giving the talk.

          Contact me direct on _johnwirvine@..._ (mailto:johnwirvine@...) if
          you like.

          Regards