The Unicorn - Leaving the Earl Grey Dock

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2007
      I have now scanned the two PCs which were published by the Unicorn
      Preservation Society, and placed the images in our Photo files
      One shows the Frigate Unicorn being moveddownriver to make way for
      the construction of the Tay Road Bridge. This was her first move from
      the Earl Grey Dock since she arrived in Dundee in 1873.
      The other shows the Unicorn being towed from the Camperdown Dock to
      the Victoria Dock in 1963. This was the final phase of the move to
      make way for the new Tay Road Bridge.

      Do any of our local members have any contact with the Unicorn
      Preservation society these days?

      Jimmie