Mercat Cross (Pub)?

  • markhenderson5
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
      Does anyone know where the Mercat Cross (Pub?) was in Dundee?
    • norma_drummond2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
        --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "markhenderson5"
        <markhenderson5@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where the Mercat Cross (Pub?) was in Dundee?

        The Overgate/South Lindsay Street.
      • banjo046
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
          <markhenderson5@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know where the Mercat Cross (Pub?) was in Dundee?

          It was in Crichton Street, but has probably been demolished since the
          last time I was in it (40 years ago)
        • johnwirvine@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
            Hi,

            The Mercat Cross was 26-28 South Lindasy Street and owned by Duncan
            Hutcheson one time chairman of Dundee United.

            Regards

            John

          • ALISTAIR MACDONALD
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
              From memory, going back 70 years when The Mercat Cross pub was an occasional
              watering hole, if the Overgate ran from east to west, and Lindsay Street
              from north to south, the Mercat Cross was in the lower left hand quadrant at
              the crossing.
              Alistair