Company Records

  • ibmpscott.co.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2006
      Good Evening

      I am seeking help in trying to locate the records of two partnerships or
      companies that were operating around the period 1860 to 1920.

      I have visited the Dundee Uni Archives, Dundee Archives with no luck.

      The first one is D W Baxter & Sons, carpet manufacturer, Verdant Works, 23
      Miln Street, Dundee

      The second is Shaw Baxter & Moon, Temple Mill, manufacturer of linen,
      canvas, sheeting, sacking etc

      The Baxter was David William Baxter, my great grandfather on my paternal
      grandmothers side.

      Look forward to hearing from some one who may be able to point me in the
      right direction.

      Iain Scott
      TVFHS Member 3667
      Researching Scott, Baxter, Bathgate, Grant
      www.ibmpscott.co.uk
    • grant.buttars
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2006
        Iain,

        Try Dundee University Archives
        http://www.dundee.ac.uk/archives/

        Regards, Grant

        --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "ibmpscott.co.uk" <iain@...>
        wrote:

        > Good Evening
        >
        > I am seeking help in trying to locate the records of two
        partnerships or
        > companies that were operating around the period 1860 to 1920.
        >
        > I have visited the Dundee Uni Archives, Dundee Archives with no
        luck.

        > The first one is D W Baxter & Sons, carpet manufacturer, Verdant
        Works, 23
        > Miln Street, Dundee
        >
        > The second is Shaw Baxter & Moon, Temple Mill, manufacturer of
        linen,
        > canvas, sheeting, sacking etc
        >
        > The Baxter was David William Baxter, my great grandfather on my
        paternal
        > grandmothers side.
        >
        > Look forward to hearing from some one who may be able to point me
        in the
        > right direction.
        >

        > Iain Scott
        > TVFHS Member 3667
        > Researching Scott, Baxter, Bathgate, Grant
        > www.ibmpscott.co.uk

      • ibmpscott.co.uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2006
          Grant

          Thank you for that. Hope to be in Dundee in the late spring and will pay them a visit, again.

          Regards

          Iain