Hi

  • George Markie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2006
      Hi everybody
      Thanks for letting me join. My interest in Dundee's history was
      sparked off recently when I began researching my family tree.

      Now I want to find out more about Dundee - especially when I realised
      I've lived here all my life and know very little about it although
      I've always been fascinated by photos of Old Dundee.

      The period I'm particularly interested is from from the 1840s when
      Dundee had an influx of Irish workers (my ancestors among them.)

      Best Wishes

      George
    • Sylvia H Rowe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
        Hi George and everyone else...I've love all the in-coming mail of late and would love to respond and ask a few questions about Dundee myself... but been too busy of late to do anything but when I get back from our daughter marriage to Vicky in Wales in Jul I be in touch again.. I'm like you George our Kelly-Brown-McLean lot moved across from Ireland in abt 1839/40 as I've found them on the 1841 census and they ended up in Maxwelltown, Dundee before coming to Australia. Welcome to the group and good luck with your tree... Bye for now Sylvia.
        Thanks for letting me join. My interest in Dundee's history was
        sparked off recently when I began researching my family tree.

        Now I want to find out more about Dundee - especially when I realised
        I've lived here all my life and know very little about it although
        I've always been fascinated by photos of Old Dundee.

        The period I'm particularly interested is from from the 1840s when
        Dundee had an influx of Irish workers (my ancestors among them.)

        Best Wishes

        George

        Please remember to bookmark our Home Page. Those with Yahoo IDs will be able to view our Archives of Messages,Files, and Bookmarks. Go to:

        Call united kingdom United kingdom florist United kingdom phone card