Overgate Buster Stalls

  • markhenderson5
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2006
      Thanks to John and "kelly" for the previous info about W.Frew's.

      Wonder if anyone could hazard a guess as to round about when the
      Overgate Buster Stalls finished up?

      After finding an old large photo of one (official copy sourced from
      D.C.Thomson), my mother who's now 68, recognised the lady who's
      running the Buster Stall in the photo, and thought she may have been
      called Sally or Sarah?

      She seemed to think the Buster Stalls were gone by the 1960s.
      Any info. most welcome.

      Best Regards
      Mark Henderson
    • Dave Perks
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2006
        Her name was Teenie to her friends. De Gernier was her married name and she lived in Thorter Row. I used to go down to her house on Thusday nights and help her with the peas. For this we got a free buster on Saturday. As we got older we were allowed to go to the gambling school on Sunday night in her house. If memory serves me right I think that she closed the stall around 1962 when we started to demolish the Overgate.
        Thanks to John and "kelly" for the previous info about W.Frew's.

        Wonder if anyone could hazard a guess as to round about when the
        Overgate Buster Stalls finished up?

        After finding an old large photo of one (official copy sourced from
        D.C.Thomson), my mother who's now 68, recognised the lady who's
        running the Buster Stall in the photo, and thought she may have been
        called Sally or Sarah?

        She seemed to think the Buster Stalls were gone by the 1960s.
        Any info. most welcome.

        Best Regards
        Mark Henderson

        Please remember to bookmark our Home Page. Those with Yahoo IDs will be able to view our Archives of Messages,Files, and Bookmarks. Go to:

        United kingdom phone card Hotel london united kingdom United kingdom hotel

      • danaidh2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
          --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Perks" <banjo046@...>
          wrote:

          > Her name was Teenie to her friends. De Gernier was her married name
          and she lived in Thorter Row.

          I seem to remember that 'Teenie" went to live in St Mary's Woods when
          she left Thorter Row with a relative John Heffernan -- I wonder if
          John is still alive ?