New Book on Dundee

  • Barbara Neish
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2006
      Hello Everyone

      I am pleased to let you all know that a very good friend of mine from West Ferry, has just completed the writing and publishing of his book on Dundee Mariners and that a review of his book appeared in yesterday's (April 10, 2006) Craigie Column of The Courier newspaper. I believe you will admired his attempt to include much history of the harbour, the River Tay and the Mariners and Ships connected to Dundee and The Fraternity over a great span in time, 1100s up to the present year.

      My friend is Captain Hamish Robertson - past Box-Master of THE FRATERNITY OF MASTERS AND SEAMEN FOR DUNDEE and now the archivist for that organisation. I personally know that this work is the result of several years of diligently researching old archives, records and newspapers and I am happy for him that the book has now come to fruition. I feel there will something in there for many of us. Here below are the details and how a copy may be obtained. (I shall also copy this message to 2 other lists so some of you may receive it more than once)

      Regards
      Barbara Neish - Bermuda

      His book is entitled :
      MARINERS OF DUNDEE
      THEIR CITY
      THEIR RIVER
      THEIR FRATERNITY
      by
      Captain Hamish Robertson

      The book is, presently, available at
      PDQ Print Services
      98 Commercial Street
      Dundee DD1 2AF
      Telephone: 01382 201778
      Email: pdqprint@...

      Price is �12.50 plus postage and packing
      (PDQ will confirm when requested).