Re: [dundee-history] St. Mary's Chapel

  • Alison Scott
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13 5:54 AM
      There's also St Mary's, High Street, Lochee, Dundee

      Alison
      --- Anne Ide <anne_ide2003@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      More likely to be St Mary's RC church in Forebank
      Road, I would have thought.

      Barbara Neish <neishnook@...> wrote:

      I wonder if anyone has any information on St. Mary's
      Chapel,Dundee
      where my Irish-Catholic ancestors were married? Does
      it still exist?

      Thanks from Dawn in New Jersey

      For a history and description of St. Mary's Tower,
      also called The Old Steeple
      http://www.dundeestmarys.co.uk/history.html
      Might this be the church you are seeking ?
      Barbara Neish - Bermuda

      Please remember to bookmark our Home Page. Those
      with Yahoo IDs will be able to view our Archives of
      Messages,Files, and Bookmarks. Go to:

      united kingdom United kingdom flower delivery
      Call united kingdom United kingdom phone card
      Flower united kingdom

      c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
      Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      Please remember to bookmark our Home Page. Those with
      Yahoo IDs will be able to view our Archives of
      Messages,Files, and Bookmarks. Go to:

      United kingdom calling card Calling united
      kingdom United kingdom flower delivery Call
      united kingdom United kingdom phone card Flower
      united kingdom

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------

      Please remember to bookmark our Home Page. Those with
      Yahoo IDs will be able to view our Archives of
      Messages,Files, and Bookmarks. Go to:

      United
      kingdom calling card
      Calling united kingdom
      United kingdom flower delivery
      Call united
      kingdom United
      kingdom phone card
      Flower united kingdom

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------

    • John G Duffus
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13 11:36 AM
        Since Dundee was mentioned and not Lochee, I would agree with Anne and
        Forebank Road.

        At 13:54 13/02/2006, you wrote:
        >There's also St Mary's, High Street, Lochee, Dundee
        >
        >Alison

        PS could members delete all material that is irrelevant from the post
        before sending the reply.

        John

      • savera_dawn
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13 2:53 PM
          Thanks so much Barbara, Anne, Alison & John for your thoughts.

          After Googling the chapel's name with the word 'Forebank' I see that
          the church still exists, dates to 1851 & is known officially as St.
          Mary Our Lady of Victory.

          I also found two photos of the building on a page of *stunning* Dundee
          pics at:

          http://www.pbase.com/gwiz/dundee_views

          Thanks again!