Railways of Crieff and Upper Strathearn

  • caley1232003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      Hi,
      I am currently researching this subject, along with Lindsay Horne
      from Dundee, and would love to hear from anyone with stories or
      anecdotes, photos etc.
      The line from Perth to Balquhidder completed the link between Dundee
      and Oban and became quite an important secondary line. Unfortunately
      not a lot has been written regarding it, nor the line from Crieff to
      Gleneagles.
      Sometime in the future, Lindsay and I would like to correct this.
      Did any of your relatives work on these lines? - to date we have
      accumulated information on over 550 members of staff, but there will
      be more we do not know about.
      Did you holiday in the area - maybe in Comrie's Camping Coach or in
      the old station at Lochearnhead? - and have information which may be
      of interest.
      Please let me know of anything regarding this topic, no matter how
      trivial it may seem.
      I am currently trawling through Strathearn Herald's from 1856 to the
      present and Perthshire Couriers - any other valuable sources?

      Look forward to hearing from you.

      Regards

      Dave Ferguson