Old Mill o'Mains

  • denspark157
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      Do a search on Google and Blue Yonder, not under Mill o'Mains, but Den
      o' Mains reveals a lot of information about the area. Including
      District Council pictures. Go to paqes 64/65 and there's pictures of
      the mill, the Mill o'Mains farm and the old Mains School. The quaint
      wooden bridge over the Dighty in one of the pics is priceless.

      There's also a brilliant article on the Mains Castle, the best I've
      read yet, much better than the book that used to be on sale in the
      local library.

      Also whilst researching Scottish Folklore I was reading about Sacred
      Wells and came across a reference to "St. Sinavey, locally known as
      Sunny Vie, Den o'Mains, Dundee." This is the only reference I can
      find to this Saint or well. Anyone heard of this. I know the Den o'
      Mains area was changed when the pond was built so it's probably gone
      now. You never know, though. Anyone out there with any info on this?