Re: [dundee-history] Shore terrace Arcade

  • dave perks
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20 4:49 PM
      The arcade also housed the Kircaldy Linoleum store and the Hynds had the slot machines and all the other amusements. This family who lived in West Ferry at the junction of Ferry Rd and Strathearne Rd. also had the amusements in the Fifie Pier over at the Fife side.
      It was possible for to enter the arcade and go right through and up the stairs where you would come out in front of the Caird hall.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20 11:29 PM
        > It was possible for to enter the arcade and go right through and
        up the stairs where you would come out in front of the Caird hall.

        Me (going up said stairs, about five years old), "Mum, what's that
        awful smell?"
        Mum, "Just be quiet and hurry up!"
      • baldeagle452000
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26 1:19 AM
          --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "rosslyntemplaruk"
          <rosslyntemplar@h...> wrote:

          > Need some info for my website regarding shore terrace arcade,when
          > opened, when closed, any memories (champion etc)which traders were
          > there etc
          >
          > Thanks Phil
          The first store on the right as you went in was McLiesh Brothers i
          waorked ther on a saturday part-time ronnie