Lochee St. names.

  • Jock Laidlaw
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2004
      Hi peeps,
      enquiries are going on in the "Skenkers" re some Lochee St.
      names of the past. Can anyone shed any light on an Archibald
      St.or /and Laird's Land around 1881?

      Cheers, Jock.
    • John G Duffus
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
        Hi Jock,

        It is actually Archibald's Lane and it ran south from the Liff Road to
        round about Anderson's Lane (I'll be corrected if I'm wrong), but
        definitely that end of the Liff Road. Lairds land as you probably know was
        in Archibald's Lane.

        John

        At 05:51 07/12/2004, you wrote:

        >Hi peeps,
        > enquiries are going on in the "Skenkers" re some Lochee St.
        >names of the past. Can anyone shed any light on an Archibald
        >St.or /and Laird's Land around 1881?
        >
        >Cheers, Jock.

      • Jock Laidlaw
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
          --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, John G Duffus
          <jackieduffus@b...> wrote:
          > Hi Jock,
          >
          > It is actually Archibald's Lane and it ran south from the Liff Road
          > round about Anderson's Lane (I'll be corrected if I'm wrong), but
          > definitely that end of the Liff Road. Lairds land as you probably
          know was
          > in Archibald's Lane.
          >
          > John
          >
          > Hi Jackie,
          Just wondered then if Anderson's Lane was in fact Archibalds Lane.
          It was lane I meant to say in the first place. Wondered then if
          Laird's Land was round about the top of Kerr St. and end of Lorne St.
          where Lairdie the coal merchant had his house and business.
          I remember you from way back in Quarryknowe. I married Cath Burke
          from #3.(Jim's sister)
          Cheers, Jock.