43 Nethergate

  • linda_sayegh
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      I was born and raised at no. 43 Nethergate. I remember some of the
      names of people who lived there. There were the Swans, the Rices,
      the Devlins, the Gills, my own family, the Gordons,the Spences, and
      many many more, but their names have slipped my memory right now.

      I remember the dentist who had her surgery there also, and boy, was
      she a butcher.

      Sadly, we all had to move out to the "schemes" to make way for the
      Overgate shopping centre and the Angus Hotel about 1960.

      Everyone used to know everyones else's business. There were no
      secrets when so many people lived in such close proximity.

      Does anyone know any of these people or maybe you lived at no. 43
      also?

      Linda
    • LINDSEY ANDERSON
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
        Hi
        Do you remember payne's hairdressers in the
        nethergate
        --- linda_sayegh <linda.tony@...>

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail