Re: [dundee-history] Re: Park Place Primary School and Po tay to, Po tah to

  • Lair Behr
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2004
      Thank you
      --- anne_ide2003 <anne_ide2003@...>

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 29, 2004
        Hi there

        I had to laugh when I read your e-mail. Not bad for somebody whose memory is
        a wee bit rusty. I can't remember any of the teacher's names at all.

        I'm afraid that I also am one of the toerags from the Nethergate, I lived at
        number 43. My name then was Linda Gordon and my brother Ronnie Gordon. You
        may. or then again may not know us. Of course you wouldn't have been in our
        gang" lol. I was older than you by four years and so much more mature than
        you. lol, or least that's what we thought.

        We also left the Nethergate in 1960, but we moved to Douglas and Angus, so
        much more up market. I went to Logie Secondary in Blackness Road. We had a
        better class of toerags than St. Marys. lol We even moved into a priest's
        house. See, blessed as well. lol.

        Who did you "play" with then. Who was in your gang??

        My son actually went to the nursery school at Park Place. The new bit of
        course in 1975, as did my niece.

        I'd love to hear more about what you got up to and who your friends were
        when you lived in the Nethergate.

        Linda

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 29, 2004
          My definition of toerag is someone who is a ragamuffin or from the poorer
          part of town. Posh, is someone from the upper class with plenty of money.

          Tay is pronounced the same as say.

          Hope this helps

          Linda