St Mary's church Broughty Ferry

  • gray1720
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      OK, seeing as we are so quiet, lets see if I can stimulate some
      debate...

      I have a postcard dated around 1908 of St Mary's church (nowhere near
      the scanner, or I'd post it) that shows a double-aisled structure.
      However I am sure that when I visited in 2000 it was a single-aisled
      building. Can anyone confirm this? And does anyone have any postacrds
      of the exterior? I am particularly interested in the windows at the
      back (ie not the road side) of the church. I have some pictures of
      great-uncle Fred in his christening robe outside a chuch (I think I
      have one somewhere, so if anyone wants I'll look it out and scan it),
      but we don't know where! As his parents were married at St Mary's,
      that seems a good bet but of course that seems to be the bit of the
      church that's no longer there....

      Next time I am at my parents I'll try to get some of those postcards
      scanned, so I give a bit to the group rather than just asking
      questions!

      Adrian
      (everybody happy now we have some web traffic? <g>)