[dundee-history] First message

  • Grant Buttars
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16 12:56 PM
      Since I haven't received any messages since joining the list and since there
      are none yet on the website I'm guessing noone has sent any in yet so I
      thought I may as well be first (excluding Malcolm's welcome message of
      course).

      I was delighted to hear this list had been set up. As a Dundonian and a
      (mature) history student at Dundee Uni as well as an active member of Tay
      Valley Family History Society I like things which can promote local history.

      I'm currently spending a week in the City Archive here in Dundee, on
      placement from uni, cataloguing a collection of material from solicitors
      Shiell & Small, who used to be in Bank Street. The material is quite
      enlightening, even from just a quick overview both for local and family
      history.

      Best wishes,

      Grant Buttars
      (Dundee, Scotland)