New Member.

  • scottie572001
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17 12:55 PM
      Hi everyone,happy to be in this group.
      I left Dundee almost exactly 30 years ago to be part of the "Silicon
      Valley" community near San Francisco. Now live near Sacramento, CA.
      I lived most of the time in Watson St., off the 'Ferry Rd., then
      Ogilvie St. near Dens/Tannadice Parks. Finally we moved to the Lochee
      side of Blackness Park. I went to Clepington School and Morgan Academy.
      Looking forward to participating, and new friends, in this group.
    • Ken Anton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17 2:04 PM
        Hello Scottie,

        Welcome to the group!

        Some of us still live in and around Dundee. I lived in various parts of
        Dundee before moving to Cheltenham in 1981, then back to Fife in 1984, where
        I am now. Still visit Dundee regularly, though!

        I'm a member of the hospital radio station, based at Ninewells Hospital,
        Bridge fm. Members of the group who live in Dundee might be interested in
        Bridge fm's website, which gives loads of information about the group's
        activities. Everyone who participates is a volunteer, giving up their own
        time to help make the patients' stay in hospital slightly more enjoyable.

        If you live in Dundee, you might be interested to know that you can enter a
        free draw for free cinema tickets via the website - we're hoping that there
        is a lot of interest, as the cinema is keen to support the hospital radio
        service. Have a look at www.bridgefm.org.uk/odeon.

        All the best,

        Ken

      • G.Buttars@tesco.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17 2:44 PM
          --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Anton" <ken.anton@t...>
          wrote:
          > Hello Scottie,
          >
          > Welcome to the group!

          Yes, welcome.

          As an ex Morgan man (which I am not, though I grew up and still live
          close by) you will probably be glad to hear that the school is
          noticeably rising from the ashes of the fire of a few years ago.
          There's still a lot to do but the recognisable shape of Morgan
          Academy will not disappear from the Stobswell skyline.

          Regards,

          Grant Buttars