161 OVERGATE DUNDEE 1928

  • tescosouthend
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Could anyone out there help me. My Grandparents lived at 161
      Overgate in 1928 Francis Joseph Smith and Annie nee McPhee the year
      they were married. I am trying to find out about their family they
      had 13 children and I was wondering what school the children would
      have gone to presuming they stayed at that address. Also does anyone
      know of any names of convents schools in 1940s apparently my mother
      went to one for a time. If anyone could find out anything I would be
      so grateful as I never knew any of my family. Thanks!

      Lorna
    • David Perks
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
        Hi Lorna they might have gone to St Johns, or to what was once known as the
        Tin school directly across the street from 161 Overgate . It was actually
        down a little lane and was given the name because it was constructed of
        mostly corrugated iron. As to convent schools , the only one I can think of
        was Lawside. I hope this helps.
        > Could anyone out there help me. My Grandparents lived at 161
        > Overgate in 1928 Francis Joseph Smith and Annie nee McPhee the year
        > they were married. I am trying to find out about their family they
        > had 13 children and I was wondering what school the children would
        > have gone to presuming they stayed at that address. Also does anyone
        > know of any names of convents schools in 1940s apparently my mother
        > went to one for a time. If anyone could find out anything I would be
        > so grateful as I never knew any of my family. Thanks!
        >
        > Lorna
        >

        > Please remember to bookmark our Home Page. Those with Yahoo IDs will be
        able to view our Archives of Messages,Files, and Bookmarks. Go to:

      • tescosouthend
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
          ---

          David,

          Thanks so much for your reply, I'll try Friends re-united school
          search. Do you actually come from Dundee?

          In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "David Perks" <banjo046@s...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Lorna they might have gone to St Johns, or to what was once
          known as the
          > Tin school directly across the street from 161 Overgate . It was
          actually
          > down a little lane and was given the name because it was
          constructed of
          > mostly corrugated iron. As to convent schools , the only one I can
          think of
          > was Lawside. I hope this helps.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • David Perks
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
            Hi Lorna Yes I was born in Dundee but I have not been back there for more
            than Twenty years.