hamilton carhartt

  • stu_mcgrew
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2003
      HI,
      I just wondered if anyone knew anything about a company called
      Hamilton Carhartt that moved to Dundee from Liverpool in 1942. Its
      first premises in Dundee were on the top floor of the Tay Works then
      they moved to a factory in Carolina Port.
      Any information would be welcomed!
      Thanks, Stuart
    • Doon The Toon
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2003
        Hi "stu_mcgrew". You said:

        >I just wondered if anyone knew anything about a company called
        >Hamilton Carhartt that moved to Dundee from Liverpool in 1942. Its
        >first premises in Dundee were on the top floor of the Tay Works then
        >they moved to a factory in Carolina Port.
        >Any information would be welcomed!

        They were latterly based in North Isla Street, across the street from
        Radio Tay, but that was some years ago.

        Doon.

        * For Dundonians +++ www.DoonTheToon.ukf.net +++ everywhere!*
        _