Re: [dundee-history] Digest Number 507

  • Steaphan Risnidh
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2003
      Hi,

      There are some nice coffee shops now in Dundee, but I
      haven't ever seen anyone with their laptops plugged
      in, so I can't help you there. There are the usual
      chain cafes now around like Esquires, Starbucks (in
      the Overgate[ which is much nicer than it was!], Costa
      etc. I quite like Esquires cos of the humungous size
      of coffee you can get! Hope you enjoy your trip!

      Steven

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Visiting Dundee - Internet Cafe' Wi-Fi
      > Available??
      > From: "grant_a_1969"
      > <grant_a_1969@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:24:26 -0000
      > From: "grant_a_1969" <grant_a_1969@...>
      > Subject: Visiting Dundee - Internet Cafe' Wi-Fi
      > Available??
      >
      > Hello. This is way off topic! I can't find any
      > other nice people to
      > help though.
      >
      > I'll be visiting dundee in 3 weeks time for a month
      > and a half. I
      > was wondering, does Dundee have a lot of trendy
      > coffee shop/cultural
      > hang out types of places? Here in the USA almost
      > all the coffee
      > shops have free wireless internet available for
      > people to log on and
      > do business with their lap tops etc. I haven't been
      > to dundee since
      > 1985 so it's hard for me to imagine the changes that
      > have probably
      > taken place since then. I'll be bringing along my
      > lap top so it
      > would be nice to keep my business afairs and e-mail
      > contacts in order
      > with a wireless connection somewhere.. Preferably at
      > a nice coffee
      > shop early in the morning. :-)
      >
      > any help would be greatly appreciated,
      >
      > Grant

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Keri
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2003
        I quite like Esquires cos of the humungous size
        of coffee you can get! Hope you enjoy your trip!

        Steven

        Is Esquires the newer one on the High St?
        I'm not in the City Centre much these days
        so I haven't been in.
        With the new Tesco Extra, it seems I may
        never have to run in town except we need
        a proper post office out here that sells
        packing materiel.

        Keri