Visiting Dundee - Internet Cafe' Wi-Fi Available??

  • grant_a_1969
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2003
      Hello. This is way off topic! I can't find any other nice people to
      help though.

      I'll be visiting dundee in 3 weeks time for a month and a half. I
      was wondering, does Dundee have a lot of trendy coffee shop/cultural
      hang out types of places? Here in the USA almost all the coffee
      shops have free wireless internet available for people to log on and
      do business with their lap tops etc. I haven't been to dundee since
      1985 so it's hard for me to imagine the changes that have probably
      taken place since then. I'll be bringing along my lap top so it
      would be nice to keep my business afairs and e-mail contacts in order
      with a wireless connection somewhere.. Preferably at a nice coffee
      shop early in the morning. :-)

      any help would be greatly appreciated,

      Grant
    • Carol Vaughan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2003
        Grant,

        I believe that there is an Internet Cafe on the top floor of the new Debenhams.
        Haven't ever been there myself, so it may have done away with the computers by
        now, but definitely used to have them. There are also computers available for
        public use at Wellgate library.
        As for live bands in Dundee, if you purchase the Tele on Thursday night, you
        will find a list of pubs with live entertainment for that weekend under the
        "Entertainment" section. (Just past the middle, opposite the "hatches, matches
        & dispatches, usually)
        Also, Wednesday's Tele and Thursday's Courier have an article every week
        called, "Rocktalk" which lists various venues with live music and other
        entertainment.
        See:-
        http://test.thecourier.co.uk/output/2003/08/21/features.asp

        Hope you have a safe journey and a nice holiday when the time comes,
        Carol.