Re: The Black Watch

  • grant_a_1969
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2003
      Maybe George Bush will invade England for stealing all of Scotlands
      oil.?

      --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, Lair Behr <danifax@y...> wrote:
      > Mr great grandmother often repeated a similar quote learned from
      her Dundee-born
      > grandfather. He, apparently, appended more colourful language to it!
      >
      > > >From: "PATRICIA PARKER" <aldiexja@h...>
      > My father (Glasgow born) used to say that there would always be an
      England as long as
      > there was a Scotsman to die for her.

      > http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • PATRICIA PARKER
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2003
        Actually, toward the end of his life, my father added another "cry" to his list; that was "it's Scotland's oil.

        Maybe George Bush will invade England for stealing all of Scotlands
        oil.?

        --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, Lair Behr <danifax@y...> wrote:
        > Mr great grandmother often repeated a similar quote learned from
        her Dundee-born
        > grandfather. He, apparently, appended more colourful language to it!
        >
        > > >From: "PATRICIA PARKER" <aldiexja@h...>
        > My father (Glasgow born) used to say that there would always be an
        England as long as
        > there was a Scotsman to die for her.

        > http://sbc.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Please remember to bookmark our Home Page. Those with Yahoo IDs will be able to view our Archives of Messages,Files, and Bookmarks. Go to: