The Black Watch - Royal Highland Regiment

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2003
      Just a few pointers on valuable resources for our serious researchers of
      this Regiments past, and present history- and yes! they are just beginning
      to return from their duties in Iraq!

      The official Black Watch Web Site is at http://www.theblackwatch.co.uk/newsite/
      This is a well set up Site with loads of information for us all.
      The Webmaster can be reached at <webmaster@...>

      There is also a Black Watch Archives Site at http://www.blackwatch.50megs.com/
      This is a privately sponsored site, with an enormously deep range of
      historical information.

      The Black Watch Regimental Trustees published a paperback book in 2000
      entitled -
      "The Black Watch - The Black Watch Photographic Archive", published
      byTempus Publishing Ltd,Stroud Gloucestershire. ISBN 0 7524 1763 0.

      The 4/5th Batallion was largely recruited in Dundee, whilst the 7th was
      raised in Fife. Both fought in the 51st Highland Division in WWII.
      Currently, they appear to be a part of the 7th Armoured Brigade, whilst on
      duty in Iraq. They have served all over the world in combat roles, and
      their Pipes and Drums have played to audiences everywhere worth while!!

      Their Regimental HQ these days is in Perth, at Balhousie Castle.

      Jim Robertson, Eumundi, Qlds., Oz.
      http://jimjar.net/Angus