Re: Bluidy Clavers

  • McIntosh <macantoisech@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 10:23 AM
      Hi,
      Our Mackintosh chief has a sword in his possesion given to his
      family by Viscount Dundee,
      The sword is a beautifull piece with a silver hilt that was
      originally given to the Mackintosh Chief by Viscount Dundee.
      It is still preserved at Moy Hall and is laid on the coffin of the
      Chief when he goes to his burial.
      On visits to Moy I have seen this Sword.
      Thought this might be of passing interest...Mac.

      -- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Reid <alanreidma@h...>"
      <alanreidma@h...> wrote:
      > Apparently there is a monument marking the site of the house where
      > Viscount Claverhouse stayed, can anyone tell me where this is
      located?
    • Alan Reid <alanreidma@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2 11:33 AM
        Thanks Mac, every little scrap of info helps.