BBC News E-mail: Digital Domesday book unlocked

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
      Jim Robertson saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you should see it.

      ------------
      Message:

      A fascinating aspect of recreating so called secure digital archives.
      ------------

      *Digital Domesday book unlocked*
      <http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/technology/2534391.stm>

      A rich digital archive of British life in the 1980s has been brought
      back to life by researchers from the UK and the US.

      BBC Daily E-mail
      Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all in one daily e-mail
      <http://www.bbc.co.uk/dailyemail/>

      Disclaimer: The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and anything said in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views.

      If you don't wish to receive such mails in the future, please e-mail webmasters@... making sure you include the following text:
      I do not want to receive "E-mail a friend" mailings.
    • Andrew Nicoll
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2002
        I remember this from when I was in primary school! I would have been
        about 8 or 9 and it was a great occasion when the computer with the
        huge discs. I remember we could get everything - picutres of our
        local leisure centre, of the raspberry fields round about Forfar - it
        was a dandy thing!

        Andrew