Liff

  • katandrawest
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2002
      Hi members,
      Looking for descendants from Liff on the 1851 census I was
      disappointed to find that Liff,Forfarshire/Perthshire was not in the
      Parish of Liff, Benvie and Invergowrie. Could someone help me with
      the parish Liff was in at that time and at when the change had
      occured. I am assuming that it was in the parish of L, B and I at
      some stage.
      Hope someone can help
      Bob.
    • Grant E. L. Buttars
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2002
        Bob,

        It should be there, at least Liff village, Invergowrie and the other
        rural parts. The urban portion that formed part of Dundee might be
        within the Dundee census books.

        Regards,

        Grant Buttars