Re: [dundee-history] Digest Number 360

  • Josss321@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      dundee-history@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > From: "BaxterPark" <Alistair.Macdonald@...>
      > Subject: Dundee Hibs

      Alistair, what was your father's name?? you ommitted to mention it.

      Jean

    • Alistair MacDonald
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        Hello (again) Jean,
        I don't think my reply got through, so to repeat.
        My father's name was Edward Scott Macdonald, but commonly known as Ned.
        Playing for Dundee Hibernian Football Club, as a lone Protestant among
        Catholics his name in team photographs was "Irishised" to M'Donald.
        Thanks for your interest.
        Alistair
      • grant_buttars
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          Alistair,

          M'Donald is not particularly Irish. It used to be quite popular when
          not wanting to sepcify Mac or Mc.

          Regards,

          Grant