help

  • ascotishman2000
    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2002
      I've been trying to trace my family background. And I keep getting
      misdirected. Can anyone help? Point me in the right direction/

      thanks
    • Randie Casias
      Message 2 of 7 , May 28, 2002
        Try www.GenForum.com I've found a lot of family and people to help me
        there. I've got my family traced back to the 1700's with a lot of
        help. Also, there is www.Angus.com which has a lot of help for people
        coming from that area. You might want to check out www.familysearch.com
        as well.

        On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 07:38 PM, ascotishman2000 wrote:

        > I've been trying to trace my family background. And I keep getting
        > misdirected. Can anyone help? Point me in the right direction/
        >
        > thanks
        >

        > Don't forget to update your Bookmarks cum Favourites.
        >
        > our old ones won't work ! Re-set to

        > All our Archives will be found there.
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Randie Casias
        Message 3 of 7 , May 28, 2002
          On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 07:38 PM, ascotishman2000 wrote:

          I ment www.familysearch.org

          > I've been trying to trace my family background. And I keep getting
          > misdirected. Can anyone help? Point me in the right direction/
          >
          > thanks
          >

          > Don't forget to update your Bookmarks cum Favourites.
          >
          > our old ones won't work ! Re-set to

          > All our Archives will be found there.
          >

          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • grant_buttars
          Message 4 of 7 , May 28, 2002
            If you start by visiting http://www.genuki.org.uk/ and follow the
            links to the particular areas you are interested in you should find a
            number of pointers.

            Grant Buttars
          • Ken Anton
            Message 5 of 7 , May 29, 2002
              Hello everyone

              There are also some genealogy links on the bottom of the links page on my
              web site :
              http://www.dundeestmarys.co.uk/links.html

              (If you have any suggestions for links to be added, please let me know!)

              Best regards

              Ken
            • MINE
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 27, 2006
                Hello
                I am looking for any info to track down my family.
                My last name is Pirnie. Any info would be helpful
                Thanks
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 29, 2006
                  At 01:24 PM 28/08/2006, "<ascottishman2000> wrote:

                  > Hello
                  > I am looking for any info to track down my family.
                  >My last name is Pirnie. Any info would be helpful
                  > Thanks
                  Hello there , There must be over one hundred Pirnie/Pirney names listed in
                  the Angus IGI fiches which I hold at home, mostly in the areas close to
                  Dundee, and the nearby Parishes. You need to carry out a search in
                  <http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/> I could put a short entry into my
                  Angus surname List, once you have some starting points to help readers to
                  help you !! http://jimjar.net/Angus

                  This Dundee history Group is not really the most appropriate area to do
                  family history/genealogy research, but we do try to put members on to the
                  right sources.

                  Jimmie Robertson - Moderator.