Dundee Harbour Porters

  • angusallan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2002
      Bonjour from South West France. Is there any way I can find out
      about Peter Duncan, (1797 - 1871) who was shown on his death
      certificate to have been a Dundee harbour porter?
    • a.mcgurk
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2002
        Hi! quite often the jobs were handed down. You never know this may be
        relatives

        Dwelling: 8 Graham Place
        Census Place: Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Source: FHL Film 0203487 GRO Ref Volume 282-4 EnumDist 18 Page
        14
        Marr Age Sex Birthplace
        David DUNCAN M 38 M Auchterhouse, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Head
        Occ: Harbour Porter
        Catherine DUNCAN M 39 F Tealing, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Wife
        David DUNCAN U 16 M Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Son
        Occ: Drapers App
        James DUNCAN 14 M Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Son
        Occ: Grocers App
        Charles DUNCAN 11 M Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Son
        Occ: Scholar
        Helen G. DUNCAN 10 F Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Daur
        Occ: Scholar
        William DUNCAN 7 M Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Son
        Occ: Scholar
        Betsy B. DUNCAN 5 F Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Daur
        Alexander DUNCAN 3 M Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Son
        Peter R. DUNCAN 2 M Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Son
        John DUNCAN 1 M Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Rel: Son

      • Aangusallan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2002
          Thanks a lot for the info. This will be from the 1881 census? I have this
          guy and his family on file - but as yet can't prove a relationship. Fingers
          crossed - and thanks again for such prompt help. Angus.