[dundee-history] Overgate

  • jtaylor@netcom.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 1999
      oes anyone have info on a lady who used to {busk} in the
      Overgate in the 30,s called Blind Mattie.

      Thanks- John Taylor

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dundee-history
    • Nathan C ornfoot
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 1999
        I can recall Blind Mattie going all over town about 65 years ago. Kids used
        to lead her around in some places. She would go from store to store along
        main streets. I can remember her from around the Blackness Rd. area and
        seeing her when I came out of Blackness school. She played an old fashioned
        squeeze box melodean.
        Unfortunately that is about as much as I can tell you but at that time
        everybody in Dundee knew her.
        Nat Cornfoot.