C. P. Fleming

  • nickdarke2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
      Dear All,
      I am doing some research into my family history and would love
      to hear what anyone can tell me about my Great Grandfather,
      Charles Philip Fleming. I believe he owned a hemp or jute mill in
      Dundee at the end of the 19th century / early 20th, and was quite
      a well known local figure. Is this correct? Has anyone heard of
      him or the company?

      I'm sorry to admit that I have never been to Dundee but do intend
      very soon to do so. My father was born there and went to Dundee
      High School before the family moved to the south so I do feel an
      affinity!

      I look forward to any little hint of information, many thanks,

      Nick Darke
      (By the way, my middle name is `Fleming' !)
    • dundeealex
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
        Hi! Nick,
        I believe ex. students always refer to it as *THE* Dundee High
        School'<VBG>
        I am researching a Fleming side of my family, they came from Perthshire.
        If I remember correctly your place was refered to as Fleemins Mull in
        the local dialect
        Alex