[dundee-history] WWW Links Re Dundee

  • jimjar@ozemail.com.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 1999
      I have just posted half a dozen links to our special Links page. Have a look, and see if you can add further interesting links to these starters.

      Go to the "Links" Header to see what i have posted. Let's try to make this a really useful feature of our History Trail on Dundee.

      Jim R Eumundi, Qld., Oz.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dundee-history
    • Malcolm Davidson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 1999
        > Go to the "Links" Header to see what i have posted.

        This one fails when I try it:

        http://www.solico.uk/s/scott.wilson/home.htm

        Is this a persistent problem or is it just down temporarily?
        ===
        Malcolm Davidson - Gdansk, Poland
        malcolm@... or madpoland@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 1999
          <19990428140707.5291.rocketmai-@...> wrote:
          Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/dundee-history/?start=120
          > > Go to the "Links" Header to see what i have posted.
          >
          > This one fails when I try it:
          >
          > http://www.solico.uk/s/scott.wilson/home.htm

          Sorry Folks, Malcolm has put his finger on the one "typo" which I sadly
          commited. Now corrected in our Links Display. there are around seven interesting sites there, waiting for you to visit them.

          The Scott Wilson page needs a bit of digging around once inside. There are subdirectories like /Old.htm, /Old_Dundee.htm, and /Old_Tram.htm, which should
          get the old memory taste buds flowing. Very good old photos of the town, the streets, and the trams!

          One other I shall add now is the "Alexander Wilson Bequest" an enormous collection of glass negatives of photos taken all around the Dundee streets in the late 1800s, and held by the Central Library.

          Happy Historical Hunting to one and all.