Our New Photo facility

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9 12:43 AM
      We have recently been provided with a new facility on our Home Page - and
      we now have the ability to create Photo Albums, and to post photos to them
      , rather than using the File area, as we have done previously.

      I have created two Photo Albums, to get us started - "Dundee Scenic Views",
      and "Dundee Buildings and street scenes". I have posted a panoramic view of
      the town which I built up from three separate images, taken without the
      benefit of a tripod, on my farewell visit to Dundee in 1985. The Thumbnail
      is quite small, but the full size image will I hope look well in your
      monitors. The bridges come out quite well. Can you count the number of
      church spires scattered around the town?

      I now propose to gently move the best of our "File" photos over to this new
      Photo Album area - if I am able to do this! I may have to cry for help if
      this proves to be difficult! In the meantime, as we get organised, feel
      free to post any new photos to these initial two Albums which I have set up.

      We just have to tread carefully, and create a particular role for our new
      Albums, because we are already so well served with photographic images of
      the Town, through one or two of our "Bookmarks". I should highlight especially
      "Doon the Toon" created and maintained by one of our members, with great
      success. There are all manner of photos within this Web Page -
      http://www.appleonline.net/doonthetoon A real treasure trove, as many will
      know. The Central Library also have their "photopolis" collection on their
      Site. The weekly Scottish Culture also ran an item a couple of weeks ago on
      the town "City of
      Discovery" http://scottishculture.about.com/library/blvisitdiscovery.htm

      With all these great resources available to us, we don't need to be in a
      hurry to fill up our new Photo Albums. Rather we need to create a separate
      role for our collection, to help cover our "History" thread where
      needed. Any ideas and suggestions would be very welcome. We do have a very
      international membership to satisfy!

      Jimmie
    • kraigador@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2001
        Jim, just read AFTER downloading to auld file system, If you'd like I
        can resubmit the photos to an album(s)& delete the files. Let me know
        where you'd like them posted, Craig

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2001
          At 10:21 PM 13/11/2001 +0000, Craig wrote:
          >Jim, just read AFTER downloading to auld file system, If you'd like I
          >can resubmit the photos to an album(s)& delete the files. Let me know
          >where you'd like them posted, Craig
          >--

          Craig, Over time, I think myself that we ought progressively to move the
          images which have a longer useful life over to our new photo albums, away
          from our filing system. There need be no rush, just a progressive
          migration, coupled with a weeding out of File images which have served
          their purpose, often in support of specific messages. When you have time,
          yes please - just a bit of relocation!!

          Incidentally - I had no problem whatsoever in opening up any of the photo
          files which you recently posted.
          Each came up perfectly a few moments ago.

          Jimmie