Bankruptcy record question

  • barnich39@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2001
      Hello:
      My grandfather had a business in Dundee about 1900. He and his partner went
      bankrupt and lost everything. I remember stories my grandmother told about
      how the creditors came and took everything but the clothes off their backs
      and her gold wedding ring. They didn't take the ring because they couldn't
      get it off her finger!

      Are these bankruptcy records available today? Where? I'm not sure what kind
      of a business it was. All I know is that they lived at 1 Park Avenue.

      I'm waiting for the 1901 census to come out to see what information that
      will tell me.
      When will that be available?

      Thanks
      Barbara Nichols