Dundee Street Name Origins

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 2:51 PM
      We are always asking each other about the historical origins of various
      street , and Gate names, which crop up all over Dundee.

      The Dundee Civic Trust have recently gathered together a very useful and
      interesting List showing the origins of many of the city's main streets,
      and some of it's innumerable Gates!

      I have added a new Bookmark to cover this particular List of street Names.
      Our members might like just to have a browse through the Trust's main Home
      Page, - which is at
      http://freespace.virgin.net/dundee.civictrust/index.htm
      The Street page is towards the end, along with a note about Carbet Castle
      in Broughty Ferry. (See "Interest")

      Well worth a visit.

      Jimmie