      From: dundee-history@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dundee-history@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: 24 June 2014 14:48
      To: dundee-history@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [dundee-history] Dundee's first policewoman

      Hi Chris,
      Looks interesting - how did the launch go? Sorry that I couldn't be there, as I was in the middle of West Wales doing external examining for an MA programme...

      best regards,
      Jenny

      On 17/06/2014 17:42, 'Chris Longmuir' Chris.Longmuir@... [dundee-history] wrote:

      As I recall there was a lively discussion on here some time ago about Jean Forsyth Thomson, Dundee’s first policewoman. So I wondered if any of you would be interested in the book launch of my new crime novel, The Death Game. This book was inspired by Mrs Thomson, but of course, my character Kirsty Campbell is totally fictitious. The book is set in 1919 Dundee, and my fictional Kirsty is Dundee’s first policewoman.

      --
      Dr Jenny Blain
      jenny.blain@... or jenny@...